Chosen by Giada De Laurentiis as one of her favorites. Featured on the TODAY Show with Giada De Laurentis and Al Roker! This unique blend of red and yellow lentils, peas, brown and wild rice, along with our creative spice mix makes a grand first course for any Fall feast! Add carrots, red wine and 100% pumpkin puree for a one-of-a-kind gourmet soup.
Serve in a hollowed out pumpkin shell to impress your guests with your culinary expertise.
Makes 3 Quarts:†10-12 servings†Cook Time:†90 minutes
Contains:†Red lentils, brown & wild rice, green & yellow peas, garlic, onion celery, dried vegetables, herbs & spices
Allergen Info:†Gluten-free ingredients. This product is produced on equipment that also handles peanuts, soy, tree nuts, eggs, and wheat.
- 3 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup 100% pumpkin (not†pie filling)
- 1/3 cup red wine (optional)
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- Rinse lentils and rice. Combine with seasoning packet, carrots, broth and water in large pot. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add 100% pumpkin, wine, olive oil, and salt. Simmer an additional 30 minutes.
Autumnal Pumpkin Lentil Soup pairs well with fresh baked bread and a glass of wine. Serve garnished with parsley in a baked acorn squash half for even more flavor!
- Add fat free or low fat chicken or vegetable broth
- Reduce olive oil to 1 Tablespoon
- For extra fiber and flavor add another cup of 100% pumpkin.
- Substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
- Add additional carrots along with some potatoes
- Add 3/4 pound cubed ham, sausage or kielbasa
Crock Pot Instructions
- Rinse lentils and then combine with seasoning packet, carrots, chicken broth and water. Place ingredients in the crockpot and cook on high until boiling. Then reduce heat to low and cook until lentils are soft.